Your Rights After an Accident
Ensure your vehicle is roadworthy before you drive it again. For example, check that the lights still work, there is no dangerous bodywork that may injure other road users and there are no leaking fluids.
Is the accident not your fault ?
How do you know if the accident wasn’t your fault? There are several accident scenarios that will never be seen as your fault:
- You are stationary at lights or a roundabout and another driver runs into your car from behind.
- You are driving along a main road and another vehicle pulls out of a side turning into your car.
- You are parked and another vehicle hits your car.
- You are going around a roundabout and another driver pulls out and hits your car.
- You are at the Supermarket and another driver hits your car whilst you are parked.
- You are dropping the kids on the school run and another driver reverses into your car whilst stationary.
More often drivers know when they were not at fault for an accident. If in doubt, please call us and we will assist in any way we can to get the situation resolved.
Choosing your Repairer
Remember it is your vehicle and you can choose who repairs it.
Many insurers have networks of their ‘’approved’’ repairers, they may try and convince you to have your car repaired where they choose. Remember this is for their convenience not yours.
Don’t be unduly influenced by insurers suggestions of delays and extra costs if you don’t do what they say. You are entitled to consider the benefits of dealing with the repairer of your choice. You are not obliged to have your car repaired at an insurance company nominated repairer.
Download our complete free three-page guide Know Your Rights.
If you require more information you are welcome to call us on 0845 055 2074.